THU 20 - SAT 22 FEB, 6 -10PM FREE
NEW FOR 2020 INDOOR TICKETED EVENTS AT LIGHTHOUSE POOLE
At various locations around Falkland Square, Poole Town Centre and Poole Old Town.
Thursday 20th February 2020 – 17:00 to 22:00
Friday 21st February 2020 – 17:00 to 22:00
Saturday 22nd February 2020 – 17:00 to 22:00
Saturday 1st February 2020 at 12:00 in Poole (venue tbc)
Saturday 8th February 2020 at 16:00 in Poole (venue tbc)
Saturday 15th February 2020 at 16:00 in Poole (venue tbc)
You must attend at least one of these briefings and you will walk the route with the organisers and learn more about the festival’s art installations
In 2019 a total of 321.5 volunteer hours were contributed to the festival both leading up to and during the 3 nights.
Some comments from volunteers at the 2019 Festival:
“Thank you for such a generous response to the volunteer input to Light Up Poole. Personally, I had a great time, and was amazed and delighted by some of the major installations”.
“The locations at which I was volunteering were thronged with visitors and time passed very quickly. I’ll look out for the photos. I’ve made a note in my diary for 2020!”
“Thank you. That was a great experience for me.”
Event training opportunity:
AndNow Installation –
Tuesday 18th February 2020 between 2pm and 6pm.
• We are also looking for volunteers interested in training and working with artists AndNow, who will be creating Fire Sculptures in St James’ Church on Tuesday 18th February between 2pm and 6pm.
• You will not be expected to work with fire but direct the flow of audiences on their journey through the church and gardens.
• Communicating with audiences will be required as well as encouraging participation with the community installation.
• knowing the streets of Poole High Street, Old Town and Quay is desirable.
• it would be helpful for stewards to have some arts/community/event experience but not essential.
• confident, calm and helpful when dealing with the public (including those with mobility needs and /or disabilities).
• standing / moving around the route and staying in the proximity of specific artistic installations
• stewards may also need to be able to move quickly between locations at times.
• there should not be any heavy lifting although helping to move some equipment may be necessary to help staff.
• warm waterproof clothing, hats, gloves, scarfs and appropriate footwear for walking and weather in February
• a torch and phone would also be helpful.
• some stewards will need to use radios to maintain contact with event staff, so radio experience is helpful although not essential.
• support the indoor festival programme on Friday 21 Feb and Saturday 22 Feb 2pm to 6pm at Lighthouse Poole during a programme of talks and a family light up themed rave in the concert hall.
Ideally, we would like as many volunteers as possible, who can do more than one evening, although it’s fine if you can only manage to join in for one evening.
• learn more about event management from the festival team.
• develop leadership skills as co-coordinator and zone leaders
• training from the specialist fire company for the church gardens
• briefings from the festival curator on the artistic content and theme.
• participation in an exciting, innovative Arts Festival.
• experience in working with the general public.
• break with free drink and soup.
• travel expenses payable up to £5 in total:
bus/train/car @ 0.40p per mile and parking with receipt based on Quay Visitors Car Park charges
We are looking for volunteers and stewarding opportunities for this exciting, innovative event to:
• lead volunteer co-coordinator to act as main point of contact for all volunteers and assist Poole Museum
• provide information about the light art works (the festival curator and/or artists will brief about artistic content and each piece)
• zone leaders each night to oversee and support other volunteers (same volunteers on 3 nights)
• general stewarding to engage with visitors and give them more information about the festival, point in the right directions
• fire stewards to support ANDNOW in St James’ Church grounds with full training given by lead artists and fire specialists
• mann, the information tent during the festival and sell merchandise
• support the festival event team during the VIP launch
• support the ‘Community Chandelier’ installation
• support the festival family rave at The Lighthouse on Saturday 22 Feb 2020 (2pm to 5pm)
Please register at Culture Volunteers Poole by clicking on this link
Culture Volunteers Poole Museum if you would like to find out more.
Alternatively, you can contact Light Up Poole directly by email email@example.com